The Weatherbies are a community of loveable weather themed characters including Sammy Sun, Rosie Rainbow, Colin Cloud, Flo Snow, Ronny Rain, Willy Wind and many more!
They all love going on adventures in their world of Skytown and enjoy recycling, eating healthily, growing fruit and vegetables, reading books, using solar and wind power, as well as helping, playing and sharing with their friends. These characters help children to make a personal connection to the climate and environment around them. This connection will help them to care more about their impact on the environment.
Our mission is to help children develop a fundamental understanding of key topics such as the weather, water cycle, recycling, renewable energy and growing plants. We also encourage healthy social behaviours through our diverse group of Weatherbie friends.
The Weatherbies offers school visits suitable for all age groups. These school visit packages include:
• Visit from the Weatherbies author, Yvonne Fleming, to read her collection of books
• A selection of original Weatherbies Songs
• Short story/ Q+A about self-publishing and becoming an author for older children (Optional)
• The children will also receive Weatherbies colouring pages and stickers
We also offer online resources for use by schools which include:
• Fun topics with the weatherbies videos, explaining the Water Cycle, Recycling and Planting and Growing
• Online animated book readings with music videos for the Weatherbies books
We love to take some photos of our visit and will bring a photographer with us, so we would ask that you get parents to complete the attached Parent Consent Form before we come to your school. If you have any further questions or wish to book a visit, please email Yvonne at email@example.com